My day was all planned out. Before lunch, we were going to run out to the toy store and pick up something for a birthday party that afternoon. I’d forgotten to order anything online, and my gift closet was pretty much empty.
It all would’ve worked out fine, except I suddenly realized I hadn’t picked up the packet for Liam’s triathlon the next day. Suddenly a two-hour bite was removed from my day, and I ended up picking up a gift card instead of a fun toy. I felt like such a lame-o!
It’s definitely time to re-load our gift closet, especially with my twins each in a different class at school this year. I hadn’t thought about having to go to twice as many birthday parties!
If you’re looking for gift ideas for girls ages 5-7, search no further. Here is a list of perfect ideas for you!
My girls play as much with their brother’s trains and Lego sets as with their own dolls and glittery crafts. And I think that’s great! So this list has some gifts that could be for a boy or a girl, and others that are more girly.
(Books and Giggles is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. All product links in this article are Amazon affiliate links.)
1. The Orb Factory Sticky Mosaics Happily Ever After Jewelry Box
2. Crayola Telescoping Marker Tower – These little markers are perfectly organized. We have one of these and love it.
3. Alex Toys Craft Loop N Loom – all 3 of my kids have enjoyed making these. My 5 year olds need a little help, especially pulling it off the loom, but they love it all the same.
I really like “Mia’s Roadster” because it looks like so much fun to play with once it’s assembled.
This “Lego City Space Starter Set” also looks awesome. As a mother of a space-loving girl, I was SO excited to discover that this set includes a female scientist minifigure!
5. Melissa & Doug Deluxe Classroom Stamp Set – For kids who love to play school, this will keep them busy for hours. This one is definitely going on my kids’ Christmas list!
6. Doll Clothes – Look at this adorable doll-size Brownie Uniform ( Fits 18″ American Girl Dolls)
7. Barbie & Accessories – For Barbie fans, this Birthday doll or a Glam Convertible make a perfect choice.
8. If you’re handy with a paint pen, you can personalize a Clipcase with the girl’s name. All three of my kids have these. They’re great for a child always on the go. Our clipboards live in the car most of the time.
9. Critter Barn Habitat Kit with Light – isn’t this cool!
10. Remember Shrinky Dinks? Now you can make jewelry with it for fun on a rainy day.
11. Reinforce telling time with this pretty Timex Hearts and Butterflies Watch.
13. – My 6 year old twins are just starting to enjoy this game. It’s a fun way to practice critical thinking skills.
14. Ravensburger 100 Piece Glitter Puzzle – I know a lot of little girls who’d be excited about this one. We love Ravensburger’s high quality puzzles.
For the Book Lover
15. If you’re buying for a bookworm, consider a selection of early chapter books, such as Calendar Mysteries,
Magic Tree House, Ivy & Bean, Clementine, and Fancy Nancy Chapter Books. For younger girls, you might choose Fancy Nancy early readers, Henry and Mudge books, or the Cowgirl Kate and Cocoa series. (Click on individual book titles to view on Amazon).
If you are looking for more gift ideas for this age group, be sure to check out the Resourceful Mama’s Birthday Gifts for 5-7 Year Old Boys Under $15.
Do you have any great, affordable gift ideas to add? I’d love to hear about them in the comments.
I’m so excited to have this list put together now. I will be shopping it for my gift closet, Christmas, and my own girls’ birthday. No more lame-o gift cards from me!