Halloween is coming up quickly! Wouldn’t it be fun to plan a last-minute kids Halloween party? If you keep your preparations simple, you can do it! I’ve got you covered with simple kids’ activities, easy Halloween food ideas, last-minute decorations, and no-fuss invitations.
(Books and Giggles is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. All product links in this article are Amazon affiliate links.)
Kids Halloween Party Activities
Old fashioned ideas are sometimes the simplest.
1. You can’t go wrong with bobbing for apples (unless there’s a germophobe in your midst).
2. Dancing to the Monster Mash is lots of fun – especially if you turn it into a game.
Another classic, no-fuss activity is to let the kids show off their costumes.
3. Have a parade (for younger kids) …
4. … or a contest (for older kids). To keep a contest simple and low key, have the prize be a privilege like being first to get a cupcake. That way you don’t have to come up with another thing to have on hand.
11. Put blocks or Lego bricks in a trick-or-treat bucket.
12. Line up a few plastic pumpkins for carrying toys around the room.
Kids Halloween Party Food
if you’re looking for quick and easy ideas, then think carefully. Do you really
want to be making 20 of those little detailed treats?
Easy – Food as an Activity
16. I love these spider cupcakes from Mum in the Madhouse –you can follow her instructions with store-bought ingredients.
17. Or you could let the kids construct their own monster cupcakes like these on the Jenny Evolution.
Easier – Quick Recipes
Easiest – Store Bought
23. Label regular food with Halloween names. Pretzel sticks can be witch’s fingers. Call donut holes “eyeballs”, and label salsa as “dragon blood”. You can get even more ideas like these, plus these free printable Halloween snack labels from i heart arts n crafts.
24. Oh, and I just saw that Meaningful Mama has a free printable to make these spider guts labels for applesauce pouches! They look like they’d be quick to print and cut.
Decorating for a Kids Halloween Party
25. I like these paper garlands because they’re inexpensive and would be quick to hang.
26. Ditto with this awesome door cover.
28. If you have a little more time, this adorable Frankenwindow from Two-dalo is easier than it looks. Especially if you have small children who’d like a little craft project a few days before the party!
29. Another decoration the kids can help prepare is a set of fabric ghosts like this one from Tinkerlab.
Last Minute Kids Halloween Party Invitations
31. Another fuss-free option is a printable invitation. Greetings Island (no affiliate) offers a wide selection of free printable Halloween party invitations. I tested one out, and easily modified it and downloaded the pdf.
Bonus: I made an invitation recently for our own party. Actually, I made 2 versions. I’m happy to share them here.
Update: I’ve added a last minute Halloween party planning sheet to help you get organized.
To get your free download, fill in this little form. You’ll receive a link via email, and also an option to subscribe to my weekly-ish newsletter where I share more goodies and activity ideas.