Inside: This Valentine’s Day bee craft made with popsicle sticks wants you to “bee mine”!
It’s starting to look like we’re going to have a whole collection of craft stick animals! Today I’m sharing this fun, friendly bee craft with you. He’s ready to show you some love…
Valentine’s Day Bee Craft
There are lots of Valentine’s Day bee crafts out there. I like this one because it’s a little bit more involved, but not difficult. That means the kids won’t fly through it too quickly, and you’ll get some cute variations.
- Regular size popsicle sticks
- Small popsicle sticks
- Yellow paint & paintbrush
- Black paint pen or marker
- Craft eyes
- Craft pom poms (optional)
- Construction paper: pink, red, and/or purple
- Black pipe cleaners
- Hot glue
With younger kids or larger groups, you may want to prep steps 1 & 2 ahead of time. You could even prep all the way through step 4 if you need to.
- First, evenly line up 7 regular size popsicle sticks.
- Using a hot glue gun, run a line of hot glue the entire length of a small popsicle stick. Then, press it horizontally onto one end of the 7 sticks. Repeat this step on the other end.
- You may want to write children’s names on the back once the glue hardens.
- Next, flip the newly made board over. Protect clothing and surfaces, and then coat your craft sticks with an even layer of yellow paint. Let dry.
- Next, glue the eyes in place.
- Use a paint pen or marker to draw on the nose and mouth.
- Now, add the bee’s stripes: glue black pipe cleaners to the bottom of the bee. Alternatively, you could just draw the stripes with your black marker.
- For the antennae, cut the pipe cleaner in half. Then, attach the pieces from the back of the board. If desired, add craft poms to the end of each.
- Using the construction paper, cut out 2 heart-shaped pieces for the wings, and decorate however you like.
- Attach the wings with glue from the back of the board.
- Cut an additional, smaller heart to make the Bee Mine sign – decorate and glue on the front, over the stripes.
That’s it! A fun Valentine’s Day bee craft your kids can make and take home.